Surviving and Thriving in Spite of Holiday Stress
Holiday stress is no joke! Here are some quick tips to help manage and cope from Trish Fehr, a licensed clinical professional counselor and certified alcohol and drug counselor with Memorial Behavioral Health–Counseling Associates.
- Stick to a budget. Over-spending during the holidays can lead to continued stress down the road.
- Feel emboldened to say, “No, thank you.” Protect your time for a reasonable schedule.
- Unplug the technology. Be face-focused instead of screen-focused.
- Incorporate exercise–daily, if possible.
- Practice healthy drinking habits. Alcohol is a depressant and can exacerbate feelings of stress and sadness.
For more information, call 788-4065 or visit MemorialBehavioralHealth.org.