Navigating the COVID-19 Matrix for a Return to School or Work
You have allergies. And a sore throat. Maybe you have a bladder infection that is causing a fever. So many questions!
- Do I need a COVID-19 test?
- Should I quarantine or isolate? For how long?
- Do I need an alternative diagnosis from a healthcare provider?
- What does this mean for work? Or school?
Enter the COVID-19 matrix or decision tree.
“If you manage a household, make sure you have health contacts for employers and school, and pay attention to where to access current information and receive alerts,” said Raj Govindaiah, MD, and chief medical officer of Memorial Health System. “We continue to learn and adapt to the COVID-19 virus as public health teams learn more information and the CDC and IDPH issue updates to guidelines.”
Below are links to guidance for schools and workplaces from the Illinois Department of Public Health:
If you are exposed or sick, stay in contact with your employer or school nurse to find out next steps. If you exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, you will most likely need to obtain a COVID -19 test and be symptom-free before you can return to work or school.
In addition to ensuring you are on your school or local government’s alert system, consider following updates and news releases for updated information from your region or county:
- Memorial Health System – Facebook | News Releases
- Illinois Department of Public Health – Facebook | Website
- Christian County Health Department – Facebook | Website
- Logan County Department of Public Health – Facebook | Website
- Macon County Health Department – Facebook | Website
- Morgan County Health Department – Facebook | Website
- Sangamon County Department of Public Health – Facebook | Website
Do Your Part to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
Download a COVID-19 recommendations handout to share with family, friends, community members, employees and colleagues. This information can help slow the spread of COVID-19.