Featured Recipes: Meatloaf
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 pound 85/15 ground turkey
- 1/2 pound 90/10 ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread or cracker crumbs
Takes prep with
- Heat pan on medium-low. Add tablespoon of olive oil to saute zucchini, carrot, onion and garlic.
- Shred zucchini and carrot. Chop onion and mince garlic. Add to heated pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- While vegetables are sauteing, make meat mixture. In mixing bowl, combine bread or cracker crumbs and egg. Add sauteed vegetables to bowl and stir together. Once vegetables are combined with egg and crumb mixture add ground beef and ground turkey.
- Mix all ingredients with hands until veggies are thoroughly mixed into meat and color is consistent.
- Form meatloaf and place on baking sheet. Can divide loaf into 2, only cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans or desired sides.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.