Featured Recipes: Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 small chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of chopped or minced garlic
- Italian seasoning or ¼ teaspoon of dried basil, dash of dried thyme and oregano.
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar
Takes , serves 3.
- Heat pot to medium, medium-high. Coat pan with olive oil and heat until easily spread.
- Once pan and oil is heated, add chopped onion. Add garlic and stir. Cook until onion and garlic is fragrant and cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning or mixture of seasoning from ingredient list. Stir to combine. Add 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes. Mash with potato masher. Turn temperature to medium and cook uncovered for 20 minutes at a simmer. Sauce will thicken.
- Taste sauce and season to your liking by adding salt, pepper, dash of balsamic vinegar or a pinch of sugar.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.