Featured Recipe: Cauliflower Rice
- 3/4 cup of carrot, onion and celery mixture
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz cauliflower, about 1/2 head of cauliflower
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup mushroom
Takes serves 4.
- Heat pan and saute 3/4 cup mixture of carrots, onions and celery. This can be made ahead of time. If previously made, you will not need to saute, only heat.
- Cut cauliflower head in half. You will only need to use half of the cauliflower. Remove any leaves and cut into large pieces. Use food processor with shredding blade. Shred cauliflower and mushrooms. Add mushrooms and cauliflower to carrot mixture in pan. Cook on medium heat until the mixture resembles the look and texture of bread stuffing, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to pan, stir until well mixed. Add salt to taste, large pinch of salt suggested
- Serve with chicken, butternut squash, roast beef or any desired protein.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.