Featured Recipes: Brussels Sprout Salad
Brussels Sprout Salad
Ingredients for salad
- 8 cups shredded sprouts, about 1 lb
- almonds, walnuts or nut of your choice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice, sharp cheese used
Ingredients for dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Takes , serves 6.
Instructions for Brussels Sprout Salad
- Heat pan on medium low to toast almonds or walnuts.
- Shred sprouts with mandolin, food processor with shredding attachment or cut into thin ribbons. Place 8 cups of shredded sprouts into large bowl.
- Add nuts to heated pan. Flip or stir halfway through cooking. Will need to toast for about 5 minutes.
- While nuts are toasting, shred 1/2 cup cheese of your choice into bowl with shredded sprouts. Sharp cheeses will add to the flavor pallet.
- Remove nuts from heat. Let cool while you prepare the dressing. Add to salad when cooled.
Instructions for dressing
- To best mix the dressing, prepare in mason jar or container with lid. Bowl can be used, but may require more stirring to combine ingredients.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice into jar.
- Shake jar until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over completed salad and mix before serving. Add dressing about 10 minutes before serving.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.