Featured Recipe: Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
This recipe is part of the Leftovers Series. Beef used in recipe is from the leftover beef roast. Other recipes made from the leftovers can be found here.
- 1 pound beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ TB vinegar
- 1 ½ TB brown sugar
- ¼ head of green cabbage, cored and shredded
- Prepared white rice, for serving
Takes 25, serves 1.
- Put all ingredients except rice and cabbage into a skillet and heat to simmering.
- Cook on medium for 8-10 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Add cabbage and cook until tender, but not mushy, about 4 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.