Featured Recipe: Spinach and Mushroom with Stewed Tomatoes
Looking for a quick stovetop veggie dish? This is a great one to try! It pairs well with fish and rice, or even chicken and a pasta dish.
Spinach and Mushroom with Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 large packet fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bag fresh spinach
- 1 (12oz) no salt added stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Takes , serves 1.
- Heat large saucepan on high, add olive oil and garlic.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently. Add pinch if salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and continue to stir to combine.
- Add stewed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add lunch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-7 minutes until liquid thickens.
- Serve and enjoy!
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.