Featured Recipe: Spaghetti Squash Taco Bowl
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 TB low sugar BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Takes 5, serves 2-3.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Brush inside of squash with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place, cut side down, on greased baking sheet and cook until tender, about 30-40 minutes. Once cooked, cool and scoop out “spaghetti.” Set aside.
- While squash is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet, heat until shimmering. Cook bell pepper and onion over medium heat until softened and onions are translucent, 7-10 minutes. Stir in beans, sauce, and seasoning. Cook until warmed through and thickened.
- Place spaghetti squash noodles in a bowl. Top with bean mixture and garnish with cilantro, salt and pepper. Enoy!.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.