Featured Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1.5 TB dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- Vegetables of choice. We chose 1 pkg frozen cauliflower florets, 1 can no salt added green beans, drained, and 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) lower sodium cream of chicken soup
- 10 canned buttermilk biscuits
Takes , serves 6-8.
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker and top with seasonings. Add chicken broth, vegetables, and cream of chicken soup to crockpot.
- Place lid on top and cook over low heat for 6-8 hours, or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- After cooking for at least 6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high, remove lid and stir mixture with a spoon or fork, breaking apart the chicken into smaller chunks.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters and add to the crockpot. Push biscuit dough down into the crockpot a bit so that they will absorb the gravy as they cook.
- Replace the lid and continue cooking for 1 more hour over high heat until biscuits are cooked through and begin to turn golden brown.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.