Featured Recipe: Shrimp Scampi
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons butter – Butter includes salt for flavor. If you prefer you could use olive oil and salt if desired.
- 1 (8oz) 1 pound bag frozen cooked shrimp, thawed and tail shell removed. To thaw shrimp run under cool water in a colander then pat dry with a paper towel.
- 4 cups cooked pasta or equivalent cooked zucchini spirals or cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
Takes , serves 4 .
- In a large pan or skillet melt butter over low heat.
- Add chopped garlic and spinach and cook for 2 minutes, just enough for the garlic to become fragrant and the spinach to soften.
- Add thawed shrimp to pan and cook until all shrimp are heated through (only a few minutes).
- Want to add more veggies to the recipe? Use zucchini spirals instead of pasta!
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.