Featured Recipe: Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 1.5 cups Quinoa
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 2 scallions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 TB fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/2 Jalapeno chili, seeds removed
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 bunch of Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Avocado, optional
Takes , serves 4-6 as main dish or 8-12 as side dish.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain black beans, cut mango chunks, scallions, and red bell pepper into small 1/4-inch pieces. Mix cut vegetables with cooled quinoa.
- To make the dressing, blend lime juice, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and cilantro leaves until smooth.
- Slowly add oil, allowing the dressing to emulsify into a thick consistency.
- Pour dressing over salad components, stir to combine.
- Serve with avocado on top or over mixed greens, if desired.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.