Featured Recipe: Quick and Easy Breakfast Frittata
- 8 eggs – 4 eggs will be separated for egg whites only, 4 eggs with yolk and white
- Frozen shredded breakfast potatoes
- 2-3 oz Canadian bacon
- Sprinkle of shredded cheese
- Additional vegetables as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Heat pan on medium low with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Please shredded potatoes in pan, spreading to evenly coat the pan as this will act as a crust for the fritta. Cook potatoes to desired crispiness. Flip halfway through cooking.
- While potatoes are cooking, crack 4 eggs and separate 4 egg whites into a bowl. Whisk until combined Chop Canadian bacon and add shredded cheese to egg and egg white mixture. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed.
- Pour egg mixture into pan with cooked potatoes.
- Even egg mixture over potatoes and allow eggs to cook partially, about a minute.
- Remove pan from heat and continue cooking frittata in oven at 350 degrees until egg is cooked thoroughly.
- Top with any additional vegetables or sauces, like salsa as desired.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.