Featured Recipe: Pork Chops, Apples and Onions
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 onion – sliced
- 2 apples – sliced
Takes , serves 3-4.
- Let pork chops sit out for a few minutes.
- Add olive oil to pan on medium heat. While pan heats, season pork with salt and pepper on each side. Brown on each side for 1 minute. Remove browned pork from pan. While pork chop is browning, combine chicken broth, mustard and dried seasonings in bowl. Set aside.
- Cut onion into slices. Cook onion in pan with pork renderings after pork has been removed from pan. While onion cooks, chop apples. Can leave peel on apples.
- Add apples to pan and cook with onions until onions are softened and apples are browning (about 3-5 minutes).
- Heat on medium. Add sauce to pan and stir. Add pork back to pan with all ingredients. Cook until sauce is reduced by 2/3 and thicker, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sweet potatoes and veggies of your choice.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.