Featured Recipe: Philly Cheese Steak Quesadilla
This recipe is part of the Leftovers Series. Beef used in recipe is from the leftover beef roast. Other recipes made from the leftovers can be found here.
- Chopped onions and green peppers
- Sliced mushrooms, if desired
- 3-4 oz beef for each quesadilla
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Steak seasoning (optional, you could also use salt and pepper)
- 6” tortillas, 2 per quesadilla
- American cheese slices
Takes 20, serves 1.
- If you have leftovers, this recipe is perfect for you. Hungry for a Philly cheese steak, this one is for you, too! You will need 2 pans: one to heat up all the quesadilla innards and another clean pan to toast the quesadilla.
- In the first pan, sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms together. If you have leftovers of these vegetables that are already cooked, you could use these instead.
- Add beef to pan, season with Worcestershire and steak seasoning. Get everything hot.
- Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. Toast the first tortilla, butter side down, until it is starting to brown.
- Place meat and vegetables on top of the tortilla, and then layer on the cheese.
- Top with the other tortilla, butter side up.
- Flip the whole stack over to brown the other tortilla. Once it is toasted to your taste, remove from heat and eat!
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.