Featured Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts – can be frozen to cook in Instant Pot. If not using an Instant Pot, cook until chicken reaches proper temperature.
- 1 head of lettuce – romaine, bibb or iceberg
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar – can substitute white wine vinegar
- 1/4 low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Takes , makes 1 cup of sauce.
- Place 2 frozen chicken breasts into Instant Pot. Set cook time and temperature per appliance instructions. If chicken is raw, adjust cook time and temperature in the Instant Pot per its cooking requirements. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, cook chicken until it reaches proper cooking temperatures. Shred thoroughly cooked chicken and set aside to assemble wraps and make sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar until combined.
- Separate lettuce leaves to make wraps. May need to stack 2-3 lettuce leaves for each wrap.
- Add shredded chicken and carrots to lettuce wraps. Top with sauce.
- If you don’t want to use peanut butter, try red chili garlic paste. Don’t have any on hand? Substitute red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.
To see how this recipe is made, watch it on our YouTube channel.