Featured Recipe: Hearty Winter Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Ingredients for salad
- 4 oz of leftover chicken
- 2 loose handfuls freshly washed mixed greens
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash cubes
- 2 TB toasted walnut pieces
- 2 TB sliced red onion
Ingredients for dressing
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 TB fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 TB olive oil
- Takes , serves 1.
Instructions for salad
- Pre-roast butternut squash at 350 for 20 minutes. De-seed pomegranate and chop onion in preparation to make salad.
- Wash and dry salad mixture, place on plate. Garnish with butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, chopped onions and walnuts.
Instructions for dressing
- Put all ingredients in a jar and cover. Shake to combine. Dressing makes 2-3 servings.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of dressing over salad.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.