Featured Recipe: Egg Roll Wrap
- One pound lean protein (ground pork, turkey, beef or tofu)
- One large bag veggies from chopped salad kit that includes superfoods such as cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, radicchio, broccoli, carrots (save dressing and toppings for another day)
- 1 small container chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Five Spice Powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce as desired
Takes , serves 4.
- In a large (wide) pan or skillet, brown the protein and drain any excess fat.
- Add bag of veggies, mushrooms and green onion to pan with the cooked protein. Warm the vegetables over low heat for about five minutes.
- Sprinkle Five Spice Powder and soy sauce over meat/veggie mixture.
- If more flavor is desired serve with Hoisin sauce. You can also add more Five Spice Powder and soy sauce.
- Serve as lettuce wrap or with a side of steamed rice.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.