Featured Recipe: Carrot Pistachio Salad
Ingredients for salad
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios, no shells
Ingredients for dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Takes , serves 6.
Instructions for salad
- Shred carrots unless you purchased pre-shredded carrots. Chop cilantro and combine with carrots in large bowl.
- Heat pan on medium to toast pistachios. Chop pistachios while pan heats. Toast pistachios for about 1 minute. Add to carrots and cilantro mix right before serving.
Instructions for dressing
- In a small bowl, prepare dressing. Add dressing ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Pour dressing over completed salad and mix before serving. Add dressing about 10 minutes before serving.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.