Featured Recipe: Butternut Squash Salad
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (2 oz by weight) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- olive oil
Takes , serves 4.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel squash and cut into ½ inch cubes. Toss squash cubes with olive oil and sprinkle with pinch of salt.
- While squash is cooking, heat vinegar in a small saucepan to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and allow to reduce to ¼ cup. Remove from heat and whisk in honey.
- Assemble salad. Layer spinach, red onion, cooked squash in large bowl. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and top with cranberries, cheese and almonds.
- Serve immediately.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.