Featured Recipe: Beef Stroganoff
This recipe is part of the Leftovers Series. Beef used in recipe is from the leftover beef roast. Other recipes made from the leftovers can be found here.
- ½ pound beef, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 TB flour
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for pan
- ½ medium onion, diced
- Olive Oil for vegetables
- 4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup Beef broth
- Cooked egg noodles
- 2-4 TB Sour cream (adjust to your taste preference)
Takes 20-30, serves 1.
- Toss beef pieces with flour, salt and pepper. Shake off excess and discard.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and mushrooms, cook until softened, 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and beef. Allow juices from vegetables to combine with flour from beef and start to thicken into a paste.
- Add beef broth and stir well. Let come to a bubble, then remove from heat.
- Stir in lesser amount of sour cream. Taste and adjust flavors from salt, pepper, and sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.