Featured Recipe: Beef Barley Pizza Soup
This recipe is part of the Leftovers Series. Beef used in recipe is from the leftover beef roast. Other recipes made from the leftovers can be found here.
- ½ pound beef
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14oz)
- ¾ cup sliced carrot
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup quick cooking barley
- ½ pound easy melting cheese, cut or torn into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
Takes 20, serves 2.
- Open can of stewed tomatoes. Cut big pieces of tomatoes into smaller pieces that would be easy to eat with a spoon.
- Put meat, water, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, garlic powder, oregano, and barley into a pot. Bring to a boil and cook until barley is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasonings./li>
- Put cheese into pot and stir until melted.
Need help with healthy eating? Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Center offers nutrition counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to learn more.